I spoke (email) to the person selling this group of sheaths in question. He said that there was nothing other than these sheaths relative to RMK, no documentation, no stamp, and no records or correspondence.

While I don't disagree with Ron's position, I also don't agree, not 100%. That does not mean Ron is wrong, just that I would like some definitive evidence, i.e. some correspondence between Bo and "Heiser", an entry in a journal stating he may have sent them a stamp, or maybe that he had at least two stamps made on his initial order. Perhaps the main point is exactly what was the impetus for Bo to have a stamp made in the first place? Specifically to send to Heiser or for a local sheath maker, particularly knowing he had been looking for a local maker for some time. Which is more plausible? It would seem based on the auction sheaths that Heiser did have a stamp, but maybe not.

One thing I do question is the assumption of use of different machines by Heiser. Speaking with Greg, it seems there were not many makers of machines, and Heiser sheaths had been very consistent in their stitching indicative of consistency of the machine(s) used. But again like some of the things listed by Ron in his most recent post, circumstances change, and with the sale or acquisition of Heiser twice in the decade (1950's) it is possible that a machine from a different manufacturer was added to the line. It could also be something as simple as a personnel change.

I maintain though that we really only see a real contrast when Maurice Johnson comes on the scene.

BUY-SELL-TRADE