Joe and Ron...and everyone on the "sidelines",
Well: At least we have a thread that folks are passionate about! It is nice to see discussion and theories as to "what was" and "what could have or might have been". I still see a lot of theory and Monday morning quarterbacking.
The truth is constant and one thing holds "true" that can be carried on from this thread. I spoke to Joe an hour ago and I told him (This was before I got home and read all of the recent posts.) that the only true way one can characterize these sheaths, in question, is by using the term "transitional". That is true and what, I believe, they are (at least without editorializing as to what and where and when and who)!
I know of no concrete evidence to support Heiser having ever received a Randall sheath stamp. I never witnesssed old Heiser revolver holsters with Montgomery Ward or J C Penney's logos or names either. I could spectulate that Heiser used their name...and their name "only" on their leather work. Do I have any proof? Absolutely not! Do I arrive at this conclusion simply by what I have "seen" verses "never seen"? NO! I I'm not arriving at any conclusions or speculations. That's why I stated that I "could" speculate. I'm not "actually" speculating.
Either way: Transitional sheaths do, indeed, exist. We are seeing some (quite splendid) examples of them within this thread and I hope we continue to do so. But the truth is still represented by the "transitional" label.
Keep it up everyone (and let's be nice),
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com