Posts from 3/30/13

Originally Posted By: Gary Clinton
Joe, Ron and Tune:
Very interesting thread. Started me thinking and looking at similar knives. On the attached photo I tried to pick several brown button model 1's from the same general era. I always thought it was a given that if the sheath was marked with Randall on the back it was a Johnson. Now, after looking at these I'm not so sure. See if you can guess what sheath is a Heiser, what is a Johnson and what is the bottom sheath?

I'll show the back sides in a little bit.

Gary Clinton

From the same day:

Originally Posted By: Boblade
Nice to see you posting, Gary. Tough one, even if you had posted a pic of the backsides! From the top: Four Heisers, a JRB and I'll go with Tunes guess of a Stockman for the last.

Originally Posted By: tunefink
I'll take a shot Gary.

Starting at the top...
#1 JRB
#2, #3, &#4 Heiser
#5 JRB
#6 Stockman

So it seems Ron was in agreement in the difference in appearance of at least the one sheath (#5) that is like the original 1-8 sheath that started this discussion. Not sure why when I posted that sheath his opinion had changed from when Gary Clinton posted these.

Mitchell was right on, at least with sheath #5. Different die cut. Look at the toe of the sheath compared to the others. Stitching looks different.

Attachments
------brown_button_front.jpg

BUY-SELL-TRADE