Originally Posted By: Ronnie
Taking another look at that sheath heck it could be a Johnny Johnson sheath......made a day or two before he died. His quality went down in the months before he died! All I'm saying is......it's a funky.....cheap looking sheath. Imo.

Ronnie...you raise a very good and valid point in the discussion, i.e.; "heck it could be" an alien made it. The point being, we really can't "know" anything more than we do. Suppliers change, methods change, time itself changes.

This is why, I personally believe, it's dangerous to open this can of worms with new, undocumented "research." It's much simpler to apply the Razor and say Heiser stamped is Heiser, RMK is MJ. Certainly a seasoned collector of these knives has noticed the different orientation of the stamp (C and A sheaths, both), the evolution from center-to-edge keeper strap, etc. However, without much else to go on (and no real value), it was just false economy to pursue a definitive answer. Could all be no more than a necessary evolution and maturing into the field.

Perhaps the above is why Gaddis, Hunt, Hamilton, Silvy and especially Bo & Gary Randall have placed little to no weight on this subject. Perhaps there is no more to it!

I believe, while an interesting exercise, this conversation serves no value to the seasoned or novice collector but instead introduces much undue confusion. We do this for enjoyment, as part of an affinity group, as such, this "new research" does us all a disservice.

As a long time (and educated) collector of RMK -these are my feelings on this matter.

P.S. -IIRC, the last of the sheaths JJ made, on this planet, were smooth-back.
NRA Life