Originally Posted By: TAH
For conversation sake, what if the sheath in question is a Heiser with a Randall stamp and for whatever reason, Heiser switched to baby dot snaps at the same time they switched stamps. It wouldn't be that hard to do if they were already geared up for baby dot type snaps.

For one, if the holster sheath dating in the auctions is even somewhat accurate, then the snaps were available long before RMK came into being. As stated, I don't ever recall seeing a HH Heiser snap, named or not, of that style on a sheath supplied to RMK.

I just checked all my Heiser sheaths with the bulk from the 40's, and all the the glove type metal snap of some fashion.

Secondly, and this has been said 1000 times, Maurice Johnson suggested to the Randall's the switch to the baby dot. No where do we see any impetus for Heiser to switch from the brown button to the baby dot, as for all practical purposes they were finished as RMK's sheath maker anyway.

Thirdly, IF, and that is purely fantasy in my opinion, IF HKL had switched to the baby dot, where are all the HKL baby dot sheaths? You mean to tell me there is only one, and disregarding other traits but based solely on snap location and stamp orientation?

If they were gonna switch, why didn't they do so earlier, it is obviously superior to the glove type snap. Why didn't they use them in WWII? When brown buttons ran out of stock on occasion? They always seem to use the glove type on sheaths.

Good hunting by the way Tom.

BUY-SELL-TRADE