Originally Posted By: crutchtip
Sounded like you got it with "Good Point". No?

Joe,

Well, I thought I got it until you later said a "one piece male". At that point, I became lost and wasn't sure what the difference was between a one piece male and a multi piece male. Still don't.

surely you have a johnson baby dot you can look at to compare to the photos. the center of the male portion of the one on the early Heiser knife sheath is the most obvious, but the holsters also. They all show what looks like the center male is mushroomed or rolled as part a a crimping process.

I'll show you my center male, if you show me yours. I can't believe I just wrote that. grin

Here is one of my baby dots compared to the Heiser holster snap. Under a magnifying glass, the baby dot's center male is mushroomed or rolled just like the center male on the holster snap. I don't see a difference between the two.

The Heiser supplied snap male center appears convex while the Johnson supplied is concave or at least flat, in other words, a different snap.

I agree that this Heiser snap center male looks a little different than a baby dot center male, but to me, the holster snap looks the same as the baby dot.

RKS #4233