Originally Posted By: TAH
Joe,

Check out the keeper snap on this Moore sheath. No doubt a replacement, but they have the female portion on the bottom. That would drive me nuts. Cool knife and sheath, never-the-less. What is the timeframe of this knife and what's the story on the blade shape? Was this the "Hunter" model before the Model 3 blade shape came to be?

I don't know that it is a replacement, and if I were to bet, I bet it is original. I went and checked some sheaths, Moore, Southern Saddlery, and both CJM and SS sheaths used that same snap which is a "baby dot" type. Moore used the glove type also, whereas SS seemed to use the baby dot type almost exclusively. The CJM version is noticeably larger than the SS version as evidenced by the keeper snap in the photo.

I compared them to Johnson baby dot and the SS snaps appear a bit "flatter" on the dome portion. I don't know if that means anything and could be a result of installation or maybe this whole discussion starting to wear on me! crazy

Bottom line, the snap is the same type but perhaps from different manufacturer than used by Johnson.

BUY-SELL-TRADE