Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#137757 - 02/25/16 08:03 AM Re: How many knives has TW Leschorn done? * [Re: Michael_Mason]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NY
Michael,

That is another beauty; simple lines, crow's beak.

I have three Leschorn's and every one of his knives seem to be so different yet each is a fine example of craftsmanship at it's best.

Thanks for your pic's.

Tom Flynn

Attachments
------TW Leschorn 3-6 double hilt with Ivory Inlays in Ebony-003-KT.jpg

------Randall 50th Anniversary Knife-Leschorn-007-KT.jpg

------Randall 50th Anniversary Knife-Leschorn-001-KT.jpg

------Randall 50th Anniversary Knife-Leschorn-005-KT.jpg

------TW Leschorn Drop Point Hunter Full Tang R. Skaggs Gold Engraving-003-KT.jpg

------TW Leschorn Drop Point Hunter Full Tang R. Skaggs Gold Engraving-005-KT.jpg

------TW Leschorn Drop Point Hunter Full Tang R. Skaggs Gold-C-KT.jpg

RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#137758 - 02/25/16 08:10 AM Re: How many knives has TW Leschorn done? [Re: Tattoo Bill]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Bill,

That is a one-of-a-kind! Great find!

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#137759 - 02/25/16 08:18 AM Re: How many knives has TW Leschorn done? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks Cap!

Just was curious, as there has been quite a few recently for sale. Your subsequent explanation put that one in a nutshell and opens all of our eyes!

Imagine though a book depicting the complete works of Tom! That would be an impressive and worthwhile book to own and enjoy.

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#137762 - 02/25/16 08:44 AM Re: How many knives has TW Leschorn done? [Re: Tattoo Bill]
GCTom41 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Bill,

Would that 13 be considered a Mini-13?

Tom Flynn
RKS#5918
RKCC-CM-178
SCI Life Member
DSC Life Member

#137766 - 02/25/16 09:13 AM Re: How many knives has TW Leschorn done? [Re: tunefink]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
I'll buy every unmarked Tom Leschorn that comes down the pike.
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#137768 - 02/25/16 09:19 AM Re: How many knives has TW Leschorn done? [Re: Tattoo Bill]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Thanks Tom. And yours and Mr. Mason's are outstanding also!

I don't know what else you could consider mine other than a miniature Model 13, having a blade length of 3.75" and overall length of 7.5". The entire fit, finish, solder, etc. is flawless.
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#137769 - 02/25/16 09:21 AM Re: How many knives has TW Leschorn done? [Re: tunefink]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: tunefink
I talked to Perry about authenticating an unmarked TL and he said wouldn't, basically saying he "knew" it was what it was, but couldn't prove it. I don't know if he ever certified one....

Mitchell,
We know for a fact he did at least one. I met Perry and Capt. at the shop the day I handed this knife off to Perry. I feel sure Gary's remarks that were made at the time about the knife, helped to solidify Perry's acceptance to authenticate it.

Thank-You for your remark Tom about the knife, it's a cool little piece. You have several beauties yourself. The man did some remarkable work, I wish I had started collecting earlier than I did..

Thank-You Bill, you have a pretty awesome collection of Leschorn's yourself smile

Attachments
------RMK LESCHORN.jpg

Edited by Michael_Mason (02/25/16 09:49 AM)

#137771 - 02/25/16 09:42 AM Re: How many knives has TW Leschorn done? [Re: Michael_Mason]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
As with everything Randall. Never say never. Thanks Mike!

#137773 - 02/25/16 09:59 AM Re: How many knives has TW Leschorn done? [Re: Tattoo Bill]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Before everyone jumps on Tom's "unmarked bandwagon", there is something else to consider.: "Gail White"! Gail White was "also" an artist and was "also" allowed to buy blank blades. He was known for using, at least one, black spacer on every knife he did since Bo's passing in December of 1989. I have a letter, explaining that from him, stating that it was a tribute to Bo.
I have (in my mind's eye) an article for the "KNIFE KNEWS" regarding this. I have only one Gail White in my collection. Mine is singularly marked with an acid-etched W. Only 21 blades were marked this way. I have seen a dozen or so examples of Gail's work and all had black spacers or a black spacer. Some of these knives were unmarked. White did "not" (at least to the best of knowledge) engrave or carve and all examples had more sterile handles. Their worth is difficult to say...but they're out there folks!
With reference to Tattoo's knife, I don't believe it to be a miniature. I have seen examples of Randall's miniature #13, in fact almost had one bought...at the shop counter...from Dave Griffin until GTR intervened. They are noticeably smaller in every proportion. Bill's knife is full size, in appearance by contrast. What is marked on the back of the sheath?
Anyway: For what it's worth folks.
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: My example of Gail White's work from 1994. A very early "Pathfinder"...CCS

Attachments
------Gail White-W-L.JPG

------Gail White-W-H.JPG

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#137774 - 02/25/16 10:38 AM Re: How many knives has TW Leschorn done? [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Captain, I'm not trying to say that mine is a "Randall Made" miniature, although it is in the same dimensions and/or proportions of the other "shop made" miniature knives. I'm sure that Gary didn't make this with black and white spacers.

All I'm saying is that it is miniature in size as opposed to a standard Model 13, and believed to be "Leschorn Made".

That's my story, and that of the previous owner, and I'm sticking to it! lol
ta2bill@yahoo.com

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod