James Behring Knives Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 35 of 53 < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 52 53 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54704 - 03/07/09 04:32 PM Re: Rough duty for a model #5-5" [Re: Raindog]
vklough46 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Boogie Wonderland
Gary,
I made a passing comment about how I felt that it was inappropriate. You're blowing this whole thing out of proportion. I still feel it's inappropriate in dealing with Randall Knife content. Apparently I'm not the only one. And apparently I'm the only one who will say it publicly.

You also put a link to a site that has full frontal nudity as was pointed out to me by another member. I thought that this was a family-oriented forum as there are women and children who frequent this forum.

I think your post is demeaning to women, and if you look at your picture in the Edo contest you can barely see the knife. And it's supposed to be all about the knives, isn't it?

As far as face to face, you're not saying anything to me face to face. You're hiding behind a computer, spewing out angry vitriol. Because quite frankly, if we were face to face, I wouldn't tolerate your rudeness.

Kevin

BSC-002

#54705 - 03/07/09 06:30 PM Re: Rough duty for a model #5-5" [Re: Raindog]
johng Offline
Knife Enthusiast

It's unfortunate that any thread that lasts awhile on KTF seems to eventually deteriorate into chaos...Maybe all you regulars should mellow out a bit so the rest of us can enjoy the great info that this site disseminates. There should be another category available just for arguing and that way we can all miss it.
Regards, John RKS #091 "If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall over...."

#54706 - 03/07/09 06:39 PM Re: Rough duty for a model #5-5" [Re: johng]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Quote:

It's unfortunate that any thread that lasts awhile on KTF seems to eventually deteriorate into chaos...

Quote:

Pronunciation [key-os]
–noun
1. a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order.
2. any confused, disorderly mass: a chaos of meaningless phrases.
3. the infinity of space or formless matter supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe.
4. (initial capital letter) the personification of this in any of several ancient Greek myths.
5. Obsolete. a chasm or abyss.

I don't think so.
RKS #4868

#54707 - 03/07/09 07:00 PM Re: Rough duty for a model #5-5" [Re: tomthbomb]
7033grip Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Winter Haven, Florida
One man's opinion...No Pwobwem.

Dubie Baxter
RKS #5099

#54708 - 03/07/09 09:57 PM Fisheyes [Re: 7033grip]
Warren_Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Westhampton, NY
OK, time to get back to the business of posting some photos. I got an offer too good to pass up on a 10.5 MM Nikon Fisheye lens. I had one many years ago in the 35MM days and it was a lot of fun and added a different look to what your eyes see. The curvature of the lens adds distortion so straight lines appear curved. However, software can straighten these lines, amazing! I had my best friend Chester pose for a few shots on the deck today. The first photo is untouched. Notice the curvature in the siding and deck boards? The second photo after distortion correction looks almost perfect. The other interesting thing that these superwide lenses do is stretch the depth of field. I was literally inches from Chester's face but background looks far away. Fun stuff!

Best,
Warren

Attachments
56580-chester2(Large).jpg (79 downloads)

Edited by warren_polidori (03/07/09 10:00 PM)

#54709 - 03/08/09 01:22 AM Re: Rough duty for a model #5-5" [Re: 7033grip]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Quote:

One man's opinion...No Pwobwem.

Dubie Baxter

More than one Dube.
RKS #4868

#54710 - 03/09/09 10:13 PM An Update On The Photo Thread [Re: tomthbomb]
Warren_Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I want to thank all involved for their participation thus far on the photo thread. I'm concerned that we've had a few recent bumps in the road and I hope that this did not discourage others from posting their photos. The original intent was to post other than Randall knife content and discuss how to take better photos. Digital photography is fun but more difficult than the old days. We're trying to share secrets, tricks, knowledge etc. There's lots of photo sites but we have enough talent here to pull this off. So please participate, get involved even if you never did, and have fun. To date we have over 5200 views and nearly 350 posts. This reinforces the support thus far but we need to get more of you guys involved. Discuss your photos, new cameras, tips, "how to",lenses, filters, HELP, you name it but PARTICIPATE! If you don't, this good thing dies!

Best,
Warren

PS: I'm going to post tips and challenges soon so get get warmed up for spring.

Edited by warren_polidori (03/09/09 10:29 PM)

#54711 - 03/09/09 11:40 PM Re: An Update On The Photo Thread [Re: Warren_Polidori]
tunefink Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Bambalam
Warren..... I think it belongs in the lounge.

There is not much Randall content ....and the recent moderation all point to moving it.

Just my .02

#54712 - 03/13/09 07:07 PM Re: An Update On The Photo Thread [Re: tunefink]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Here's one I snapped today when doing some stuff. I liked it but not quite as sharp as I had expected.
~dale

Attachments
56927-Emily_march2009_BW(Large).jpg (69 downloads)

#54713 - 03/13/09 07:20 PM Re: An Update On The Photo Thread [Re: Cabinet_Man]
Warren_Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Dale,

BRAVO! Great shot of Emily. B&W photos are great. Let's discuss why you're not happy with this photo. I can post some information that I've read recently about ISO speed, grain, and sharpness. Give us the details about the photo data from properties if you can. To me this photo looks great but megapixel size is just part of the story. I really like the sun on her left cheek while the rest of her face is in shade. Also the background is blurry which enhances the portrait. Good job!

Best,
Warren

Edited by warren_polidori (03/13/09 07:21 PM)

Page 35 of 53 < 1 2 ... 33 34 35 36 37 ... 52 53 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod