Randall Knife Collectors Club Miles Swelze
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 43 of 53 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 52 53 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#54784 - 05/06/09 08:04 AM Re: Spring photos [Re: Cabinet_Man]
Warren_Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Westhampton, NY
Great photos Dale. If it ever stops raining here we might get some springtime. We never get tired of seeing Emily. Thanks for posting.

Best,
Warren

#54785 - 05/06/09 09:42 AM Re: Spring photos [Re: Warren_Polidori]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Dale,
Terrific Photos!!!!!
What camera do you use??
Tony
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#54786 - 05/06/09 11:21 AM Re: Spring photos [Re: TonyLaPetri]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Tony,
I use two... one is a Kodak point and shoot and the other is a Canon DSLR (just depends on what I have with me). These were all taken with the Canon. I have a couple lenses for it... a 28-90mm, and a a 75-300mm (these were all taken with the 28-90mm). I have used a Canon SLR since 1986, and love them. I have a couple 35mm Canons with lots of lenses for those. I just added a portrait lens a couple summers ago and would like to have a couple more for the digital but just haven't gotten them yet so use these two for eveything I do. I've always been into taking pics, and have been watching the digitals for years... back when they were priced in the $7,500-15,000 range. I was reading a mag at the dr's office a few years ago and saw an ad for one priced at $1500 and knew it wouldn't be long until they were priced to where most people would have one. Patience is a virtue. I feel sorry for those who paid lots to have one a while back. It's like the other digitals that were almost a thousand maybe 4 or 5 years ago... can buy a better one today for a third of that if they would have just waited. Technology grows in "leaps and bounds", or at least has anyway, so instead of little progress there is huge differences in prices within just a couple years time.
~dale

#54787 - 05/06/09 11:52 AM Re: Spring photos [Re: Cabinet_Man]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Thanks Dale!
You're right about the prices! I might go for a DSLR NOW!
Tony
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#54788 - 05/06/09 11:56 AM Re: Spring photos [Re: Cabinet_Man]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Warren... here's another shot of Emily but you have to know the "rest of the story" in order to truly appreciate it. Emily saw an ad for Pinocchio on tv and was very interested in it. Realizing that she had never seen the movie, I mentioned that we'd have to get it for her sometime. We were at the store about 3-4 weeks ago (she's always with me day and night) when she spotted it as we passed all the aisles on a mission to get whatever it was we went in there to get. She got really excited, wouldn't stop talking until I backed up and looked at what she so desperately wanted me to see. There on the shelf was the dvd. Remembering what I had said, I now had to buy it, as a promise is a promise. I also had to open it in the parking lot as soon as we got out of the store so she could watch it on the drive home. She absolutely loves it, and has watched it every time we go somewhere. The other kids are stuck watching the same movie over and over, which gets very old, as they always give in to her and let her watch it. The stereo surround has a setting where you can turn on the movie for all to hear without each having to wear the headphones, and it rings through the entire vehicle. So if you happen across a white suburban with the sounds of soloist Jimini Cricket emanating from within, you'll know it's us.

I usually pop some popcorn to take with us, and sit in the back with her to watch this movie while the kids have practice as they last about 2 hrs so plenty of time to watch a whole movie. Before this one it was the cat in the hat that was played over and over. I am looking for a copy of the wizard of oz now (on dvd) as she hasn't seen that one either.

So anyway... this is what she thought of when holding the Randall... but of course, it's Pinocchio's nose! Why didn't I think of that?
~dale

Attachments
60117-Emily_RMK_cc.jpg (97 downloads)

#54789 - 05/06/09 04:23 PM Re: Spring photos [Re: Cabinet_Man]
Warren_Polidori Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Westhampton, NY
Dale,

Emily definitely doesn't need any acting lessons. You've got a little actress on your hands. Beware, they grow up fast. Nice pictures!

Best,
Warren

#54790 - 05/06/09 04:53 PM Re: Spring photos [Re: Cabinet_Man]
tglassco Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Gator Country
Dale,

Always enjoy photos of your kids and your Randall Knives of course. You obviously provide a wonderful family environment for a child to grow up and blossom just like your flowers and seeing Emily, I anticipate you will have this song in your head at some point in the future.

Butterfly Kisses

Edited by tglassco (05/06/09 05:05 PM)
RKS #5553

#54791 - 05/06/09 05:46 PM Re: Spring photos [Re: Cabinet_Man]
Oldvetnam1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NJ
Dale,

Emily is a beautiful little girl and your photos are great. I can bet that she's Daddy's Little Girl and has you wrapped around her little finger. Her brothers too I'll bet.
RKS #5715
SHAG #006

#54792 - 05/08/09 10:21 AM Re: Spring photos [Re: Oldvetnam1]
Kent_Warnberg Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mpls, MN
Dale,

OK, I'll chime in too! I too appreciate all the great photos that you have posted. It's like were all watching your family grow up!

Kent

RKS #109

#54793 - 05/08/09 01:45 PM Re: Spring photos [Re: Warren_Polidori]
Cabinet_Man Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Quote:

Dale,

Emily definitely doesn't need any acting lessons. You've got a little actress on your hands. Beware, they grow up fast. Nice pictures!

Best,
Warren

Warren,
You're so right, she poses and loves when I take pics of her. It's a natural thing as I don't tell her how to stand, etc., she's just "being Emily" and I snap the shots.
~dale

Quote:

Dale,

Always enjoy photos of your kids and your Randall Knives of course. You obviously provide a wonderful family environment for a child to grow up and blossom just like your flowers and seeing Emily, I anticipate you will have this song in your head at some point in the future.

Butterfly Kisses

--------------------
Tom
RKS #5553

Thanks much Tom. I enjoy taking pics, and also enjoy sharing them with others so all of you can enjoy them too. The song is nice, thanks for the link.
~dale

Quote:

Dale,

Emily is a beautiful little girl and your photos are great. I can bet that she's Daddy's Little Girl and has you wrapped around her little finger. Her brothers too I'll bet.

--------------------
Steve Rinda
RKS #5715

Steve,
Thanks for the kind words. Yes she does have me wrapped very tightly.
~dale

Quote:

Dale,

OK, I'll chime in too! I too appreciate all the great photos that you have posted. It's like were all watching your family grow up!

Kent

RKS #109

Thanks Kent. I never really thought about it that way, but you are right about watching the family grow up. When I read your post it made me remember back when I posted the first pic of Emily the day she was born. Today is her birthday, she turns 3. I'll post that first pic again with text on it that I added when having it printed into a 5 x 7 for framing and hanging on the "family wall". "Emilmyer" is just a nickname I gave her when she was a few months old and it has stuck with her.
~dale

Attachments
60304-DaddyandEmily5-8-06_text_2.jpg (87 downloads)

Page 43 of 53 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 52 53 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod