The CAPT is right "on target" with his advice. How many times have you heard about someone getting their security system AFTER getting robbed?
Two years before my US Army retirement, we moved from Ft Knox to Elizabethtown, KY, a relatively, quiet low-crime area. Right away, I contacted a local, security company. Not ADT, not Brinks, or any of those commercial, out-of-town outfits! Just like CAPT Chris said, I had installed a complete security system with wireless capability to my detached garage, all windows/doors protected, etc, AND WITH LIVE, "REAL PERSON" MONITORING SERVICE. It is fairly low cost, $66/quarter and I own the complete hardware system. We get 20% off our homeowners insurance too! The insurance discount has more than paid for the system over the last 15 years. Oh yeah, I have a dog, Kimbers, Smith & Wessons, Randalls, etc but the security system is the real "rattlesnake in the grass" for those who intend to be criminals. Get one now if you own a home, don't wait to be a victim.
William L Jacobs III RKS #3569 NKCA NRA Life KNIFE WORLD Student Limbaugh Institute A.C.S.