Randall Knife Collectors Club Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 9 of 24 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#80557 - 09/10/10 07:34 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Rick Bowles Special!!!!!!!!!!!!! ** [Re: Tom_D]
vklough46 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Boogie Wonderland
This was already covered and credit given to Ron by me on page 1 of Knife Of The Week Tom. So take your well, well, well and, well...

Kevin

BSC-002

#80560 - 09/10/10 07:43 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Rick Bowles Special!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: vklough46]
Tom_D Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Gulf Coast Texas
cry cry
#4-6-6-SS # 001

Every Day is Margarita Day in Texas

Growing Old is NOT for Sissies

#80572 - 09/10/10 08:55 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Rick Bowles Special!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Tom_D]
Rick_Bowles Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Mitchell, that clears it up for those that weren't around back then.
Rick Bowles RKS #012
www.RBscrim.com
N.K.C.A.
NRA Endowment

#80578 - 09/10/10 10:47 PM Re: Knife Of The Week Rick Bowles Special!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Rick_Bowles]
tglassco Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Gator Country
Quote:
Thanks Mitchell, that clears it up for those that weren't around back then.
Rick Bowles RKS #012

Rick,

I don't see what there is to clear up.

Quote:
It was Ron Mathews not Sheldon Wickersham that had the thread on the other forum. I started The Knife Of The Week thread with Ron and Sheldon's blessing on this forum.

VKLough 09/10/2010

It is quite clear that the Knife of the Week Thread was originally started on a totally different forum by Ron Mathews and was continued on this forum (with credit given to Ron) by Kevin Lough and continued even further by Jesse Egnew (Non-Catalog Knives & Dealer Specials) It is also a fact that the thread for each model (Models #1 thru #27) was initiated by Kevin Lough.

That all seems pretty clear. What is the confusion?

The Knife of the Week Thread is a fantastic resource and many members have contributed but Ron, Kevin and Jesse (and possibly others) kept it going through the years. That doesn't seem too confusing. crazy

Edited by tglassco (09/11/10 11:57 PM)
RKS #5553

#80589 - 09/11/10 07:58 AM Re: Knife Of The Week Rick Bowles Special!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: tglassco]
Rick_Bowles Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Tom,
Since you asked, I have never had any confusion regarding the origin of this topic, I was there at the time. You summed up the appropriate attribution in your first sentence.
"It is quite clear that the Knife of the Week Thread was originally started on a totally different forum by Ron Mathews."
An idea is only "original" once. From Wikipedia: An original work is one not received from others nor one copied based on the work of others. I will confess that I'm not sure why taking credit for something is so important. Ralph Waldo Emerson said "The reward of a thing well done, is to have done it." I've never seen Ron ask for or take credit for the creation or success of the thread either here or on the other forum. I certainly don't speak for Ron but my guess is that he recognizes the success of this thread is directly attributable to the many members that take their time to photograph, edit, size and post images of their Randall knives.... it wouldn't be a thread without them.

Edited by Rick_Bowles (09/11/10 08:00 AM)
Rick Bowles RKS #012
www.RBscrim.com
N.K.C.A.
NRA Endowment

#80592 - 09/11/10 08:32 AM Re: Knife Of The Week Rick Bowles Special!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Rick_Bowles]
Rick_Bowles Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Back on topic, here's a nice example with exceptional,shop supplied stag!

Edited by Rick_Bowles (09/11/10 08:34 AM)
Rick Bowles RKS #012
www.RBscrim.com
N.K.C.A.
NRA Endowment

#80593 - 09/11/10 08:44 AM Re: Knife Of The Week Rick Bowles Special!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Rick_Bowles]
Peter_Kaufman Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Southeast Utah
Rick
That is very nice stag, but unfortunately, the shop put the fingergrips on the wrong side smile

I hope to be posting my new Rick Bowles Special here before the end of the year with the finger grips on the "right side" smile

Peter
SAF
RKCC CM-023
RKS #5642
SHAG # 005
Ironwood Nut
Life is too short to have ugly knives

#80595 - 09/11/10 09:16 AM Re: Knife Of The Week Rick Bowles Special!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Peter_Kaufman]
lunde Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: San Jose, CA, USA, Earth
Peter,

I suggest that you append the following to your signature:
Quote:
Life is too short to have right-handed knives
smirk
RKS #5344
SHAG #1
#4-6-6-SS #2
http://lundestudio.com/RandallOrderingFAQ/

#80602 - 09/11/10 10:40 AM Re: Knife Of The Week Rick Bowles Special!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: tglassco]
Rhett Stidham Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Virginia, USA
I have been quoted here (see below) but that quote was in error. The knife of the week was started by Ron Mathews and Sheldon Wickersham on our old Forum.

In any case, thank you to all on these great threads.

Please stop all this petty BS and talk about Randalls. Childish indeed are some of the posts. I do like the one about the dead horse though.

Regards,

Rhett

THE FOLLOWING IS WRONG: "This program was suggested and started by Kevin Lough. This program will be continually posted by Jess Egnew in the future. Thank you Kevin for the original idea and thank you Jesse for continuing same. Thanks also to Thomas Welch for his input to this project. --- Rhett Stidham"
Rhett Stidham RKS #002
President/Founder
www.randallknifesociety.com
email:payrks@gate.net

#80604 - 09/11/10 11:17 AM Re: Knife Of The Week Rick Bowles Special!!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: Rick_Bowles]
Oldvetnam1 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: NJ
Beautiful stag Rick and the fingergrips look perfect to me.
RKS #5715
SHAG #006

Page 9 of 24 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod