It appears I am alone in my views...

I am in no way putting down the Randall shop. Neither am I putting down the authorized RMK dealers. Back Yard knife dealer is in my opinion someone that does not have a business license, retail store—or overhead. This guy is part of the problems as I see it.

To address the reasonable price issue... I am aware that an RMK is priced reasonable if at priced @ $150 over MSRP (Manufactured Retail Price), because it is one of the finest knives made. In the bigger picture RMK shop has set a price for it's Model # 14 sold in 2006 and most steelers are inflating this price, that is what is an unreasonable price to me! If a knife dealer (non RMK authorized) purchase a knife from an authorized RMK dealer then turns around the next weekend and adds 150.00 USD to the price... what is acceptable about that, nothing-- he's screwing however purchases the knife. This crap about the American way to Buying and Selling... this is your rational to justifies your price increases. If the seller pays 150.00 over current catalog price for a catalog knife and does not see any thing wrong with that then he may turn out to be your best customer ... a fool and his money will soon part. This is why an authorized RMK dealer sellers at catalog price... because that is the agreements the dealer has with the RMK shop. Why because RMK is looking out for it's customers as they should. The price paid is not based of of another knife manufacture or any other knife it is based on the MSRP.

There is not another retail manufacture – that I am aware of – that is so far behind in production and this is almost supported by dave1417... the inability to keep up with the demands of the product means RMK is losing money. The reason I said it was supply not demand is because if the RMK shop production was able to meet the demand then this would no longer topic!

Hey Brian how about when you sell a knife you add $50 not $200 I am not suggestions anyone lose money on an RMK and I am not talking about someone selling the personal collection... I am talking about the guy that buys an RMK with the idea to re-sell it to make money, get real! Point well made know one wants to see RMK give to the long wait time and start stamping crappy knives!
Corbin Fletcher #800 http://www.corbinfletcher.com