Contacting Capt' Stanaback

Posted by: CrazyCajun

Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/22/24 05:47 PM

Hey Gang, Spoke w/the Capt' on my drive home. He has lost "ALL COMPUTER/EMAIL ACCESS! Since last Thursday". Until further notice, you may contact him directly by phone or text at 407-436-1113. Upon resolution, an update will be posted here!

Thanks in advance for understanding, as the score at halftime is Technology 19... Capt' 3!
Posted by: desert.snake

Re: Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/23/24 04:32 AM

Computer virus?

Thanks for the information, it means he’s ok himself
Posted by: Dirty_Water

Re: Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/23/24 06:39 AM

I'm sorry Cap's having "Interweb" difficulties again...but on the upside it does present an opportunity to rag on the good ole Cap'n!!! Like the reasons for his "difficulties"...

Posted by: 505Gibbs

Re: Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/23/24 08:21 AM

Scott - grin grin
Posted by: thevalueman

Re: Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/23/24 11:16 AM

He probably should upgrade that 286 along with the 14,400 baud modem....

:-)Rocky
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/23/24 11:32 AM

Well...I don't know what the score is, but I have email...again (sorta'). After days-n-days of "Puter-Visits" to my geek, I have AOL emails on my desktop..."&" on one of my I phones (407) 436-1113..."BUT"...not on my other I phone (352) 598-1880!!
This has been an "extremely" stressful week to say the least. I have a Best Buy "Geek Squad" appointment this afternoon. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for the "cookie monster" parable. I need the humor right now!
.....to be continued...
Capt. Chris
PS: 2, brand-ass-new matching Desktops are ordered and "in the wind" to (hopefully) eliminate some of this "angst"...CCS
PPS: Maybe I should just go to the range.
Posted by: rodbrown

Re: Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/23/24 01:46 PM

Capt you have more computer problems than any 10 people combined, I know of.

I would be going to the range daily, if I had such great scenery at our Club.
Posted by: Dirty_Water

Re: Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/23/24 03:11 PM

Lol....
Posted by: Captain Chris Stanaback

Re: Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/23/24 03:49 PM

It's not "me"...I have been to the Best Buy Geek Squad for 2 hours...with 3 geeks working on it. It's "ALL" an AOL issue. Ever since Verizon bought them they have gone from a bad provider to the "absolute" worst!
I am staring with my next batch of business cards and from "this day" forward to actively pursue rolling all emails, etc...to Google Accounts (If I can get proper email addresses, etc.)
...to be continued...."BUT" still no emails on my 1880 phone...it is "totally" not doable!
CCS
Posted by: Windsor

Re: Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/23/24 04:26 PM

Yup, Verizon has a good history of doing that. Same thing happened when they bought out the company that got the healthcare.gov bid shortly after the ACA was passed.
Posted by: CrazyCajun

Re: Contacting Capt' Stanaback - 04/23/24 06:09 PM

Ahhh... Progress!!!