This topic has been done before, but I'd like to "expand" on an already good idea.
I thought it would be cool to get some stories along with some photos!
See what you all think ... here's a guide ... It doesn't have to be followed exactly - just a guide.
When/How
did you first become aware/interested in Randall Knives?
Who
introduced you to Randall Knives?
What
was your first Randall Knife/Knives?
Where/How
did you purchased/acquire your first Randall Knife/Knives?

Here’s my story.

When/How – High School. 1967-1971. A catalog, placed down in front of me, probably on a cafeteria table.
Who - A guy (Kid!) who like me enjoyed the outdoors.
He was doing a lot of hunting and fishing and showed me that catalog and told me about the knives in that catalog.
From that moment I knew, some day, I would have to have one (ONE!!!!!!!!!! ???) of those knives.
He was a good Friend all throughout High School and as sometimes happens, after graduation we lost touch.
About 3 years ago, thanks to the internet, I found him and we’ve been in touch ever since.
A Great Guy ... He’s in Law Enforcement in Alaska! He’s a serious outdoorsman –Hunter, (big game and small), Fisherman.
He new and worked with Tom Leschorn when Tom was up in Alaska! He has owned Many Randalls.
After selling but mostly swapping and/or giving some away, he still has a few and remains a big fan.
What – My first Randall love – A 7.5” #18. Closely followed by a #1 and a #5 (Angier set-up).-More about these later!
Where/How – Walked right into a gun shop in Mineola Long Island, in the early 1980s, and there in a case were at LEAST a dozen Randalls!
I remember the owner being slightly amused at by awe and wonder at all these treasures!!!!!!!!! He gave me a catalog.
I asked to see the #18. I think I paid about $150-$160 for it! Walked right out of the store with it!

Attachments
------1st-Randall.jpg

Description: 1st Randall-#18 7.5 with one of my first catalogs.

Edited by TonyLaPetri (01/10/11 01:06 PM)
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022