Nifeboy.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#134699 - 12/03/15 12:56 PM Blue spruce pine cone *
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Everyone,

I picked up all of the defective pine cone handle material from the Randall shop this week. Although disappointed, I can see where the shop is coming from. They spent a lot of additional time trying to fill the voids, air pockets and defects on a couple of these orders...to no avail.
Pine cone is off the list of available custom handle material options. Anyone having a Randall knife on order with this material...from me or anyone else, should contact us.
I have walked into the shop with custom exotic woods, from my "stash" to fill whatever orders I already had submitted to the shop. I did this, so as not to lose the custom order slots. The customer who has these particular knives on order will have first refusal of the knife, once received by me.
If anyone would like to exercise their other options, speaking for me at least, they need to give me a call, text or email and we will work it out. I have still not ruled out having some of this material installed outside of the Randall shop. This would mean quite an additional charge for labor, shipping & insurance, but I will explore it sometime down the road.
The pieces that I picked up from the shop are un-useable, being fragmented! I will attempt to come to some sort of agreement with the supplier, whom I have had great dealings with in the past. This will be a costly venture on my part...but not on yours!
Deposits for pine cone handles will be dealt with by any means, listed below:
* Credit towards the custom knife that is coming out with wood from The Captain's Stash.
* Credit towards another custom-ordered Randall knife (Customer's choice)
* Credit towards a stock-optioned Randall knife
* Credit towards any RMK I have "in stock".
* Full refund of your deposit/s.
I hope this is satisfactory to all of my customers. Things like this do happen, from time-to-time, and I am sorry for it. Hopefully all parties will see that I am doing everything I can to rectify this problem...at least everything within my power.
In short: The Randall shop does not want to compromise their paramount standards by installing an inferior product on their very fine Randall Made Knives. Although we may not like the decision, we should, most certainly, applaud their reason.

Stay sharp, Capt. Chris

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (12/03/15 01:04 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#134700 - 12/03/15 01:21 PM Re: Blue spruce pine cone [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
RamKingJC Online
Knife Enthusiast

While this sucks, because the pine cone is a really cool looking material and would make a fantastic addition to an RMK, it is GREAT that you are doing your absolute best to resolve the issue Capt. Chris.

As always, thank you for looking out for the Randal Community, you and the shop excel at this. I look forward to seeing what "stash" options come out of the wood work, especially on the Little Bear Bowie build.

Edited by RamKingJC (12/03/15 01:28 PM)

"First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire."

#134701 - 12/03/15 02:30 PM Re: Blue spruce pine cone [Re: RamKingJC]
maxpastor Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: South West
Capt. Chris, can the pine cone material be used for anything else, like pistol grips? or inlays in rifle stocks or large knife handles where the structural integrity isn't an issue?

that is a shame, pine cone is cool stuff.

max
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502

#134703 - 12/03/15 02:35 PM Re: Blue spruce pine cone [Re: RamKingJC]
Steven Offline
Randall Enthusiast
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Denver, CO
Sorry to hear that it looked like it would of been a very cool option.

#134707 - 12/03/15 04:50 PM Re: Blue spruce pine cone [Re: Steven]
Tattoo Bill Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Spring Hill, Florida
Captain, Since I have a Model 2-7" pine cone ordered that I paid a deposit on back in July, I will allow you to choose whatever you feel comfortable with and accept it without hesitation! Just like when I purchased 4 knives for the fall stock sale without knowing what I was getting! Adds to the mystique and I'm certain it will turn out to be a pleasant surprise!

Edited by Tattoo Bill (12/03/15 04:51 PM)
ta2bill@yahoo.com

#134709 - 12/03/15 05:48 PM Re: Blue spruce pine cone [Re: Tattoo Bill]
spark42 Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Kentucky
Sound's like you and the shop have been busy Capt.
Looks like the RMK did all the could.
That's what we have come to expect from them and you.

Dennis
RKS #4298
RKCC #CM057

#134732 - 12/03/15 08:51 PM Re: Blue spruce pine cone [Re: spark42]
Leatherman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: IL
Have any pictures Capt?

#134733 - 12/03/15 09:05 PM Re: Blue spruce pine cone [Re: Leatherman]
Billy Poyner Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Mississippi
Capt,
Email sent regarding the 2 12-6 LLB's I have on order.
Thanks

Proud to have served my country 67-69

#134739 - 12/03/15 10:24 PM Re: Blue spruce pine cone [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Wally Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Capt, I sent you an email a couple of days ago, whenever you find the time I know what I'd like to replace the 2-5 I had ordered.

#134800 - 12/06/15 07:52 AM Re: Blue spruce pine cone [Re: Tattoo Bill]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
Ink Man,
Thanks for the phone call. I think that every knife that has been ordered (& now has substitute handle material from my "stash") will look terrific. That being said, nobody got to pick-n-chose the material, 'cept me. I will re-order another knife for anybody not satisfied with the initial one.
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod