Clinton Knives Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#200637 - 09/18/22 08:52 AM Re: Trump Raided **** [Re: LarryWW1246]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
Larry,
I tend to agree with you but my opinion of the medical profession is very low.

All they are interested in is to bump up costs and your health is pretty much of no concern to them.

I have said this before,you could send a rock to the hospital and they will diagnose it with some sort of ailment,most likely covid.

I would really like to see an actual true accounting of where all this donated money goes to research. I seriously doubt that much of it goes directly to the research but to some "administration"

Wayne

#200645 - 09/18/22 04:43 PM Re: Trump Raided [Re: Wayne Dengler]
Chief Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
Larry,

All they are interested in is to bump up costs and your health is pretty much of no concern to them.

I have said this before,you could send a rock to the hospital and they will diagnose it with some sort of ailment,most likely covid.

I would really like to see an actual true accounting of where all this donated money goes to research. I seriously doubt that much of it goes directly to the research but to some "administration"

Wayne

Here ends the lesson!
Totally agree
RKS #5154

If you put off following The LORD just remember......They don't serve breakfast in hell!

#200647 - 09/18/22 07:31 PM Re: Trump Raided [Re: Chief]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Joe Biden was Obama's Cancer Czar so he must know what he's doing, right?

As for Covid, I don't take the test anymore for two reasons.

1. When you've had it twice before you just know.

2. Some clinic will be rewarded with public money for making the diagnosis.
RKS #4868

#200653 - 09/19/22 10:30 AM Re: Trump Raided [Re: Wayne Dengler]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Lake Fork, East Texas
Originally Posted By: Wayne Dengler
Larry,

Wayne

Wayne:

I reckon I’m pretty lucky in this respect. I grew up with my doctor and we were friends. He brings his grandsons out here to fish pretty often.

He has always shot straight with me even telling me that I was too damn fat and that if I didn’t knock off some weight, I’d end up paying for it.

I’ve also had some pretty incredible students and athletes that made doctors. One, Dr. Carrie Buchanan at Duke University Medical is one of the most respected cancer researchers in the country. She is from Carthage, Texas.

I would trust her and the others with my life.

Coach

#200658 - 09/19/22 02:11 PM Re: Trump Raided [Re: coachblalock]
LarryWW1246 Online
Knife Enthusiast

Wayne and Coach--

I'm not in that profession but read lots across interesting subjects.

I am impressed by the good outcomes for some people who have some kinds of cancer.

I have known several people who died of melanoma in their 40's.

And then I heard recently about the case I mentioned in the above post with the doctor saying they could cure metastasized melanoma! And I heard they think they will have a vaccine that works against a skin cancer and another type.

Then there is the stealthy cancer of the pancreas that has killed a few people I knew. That one appears to be one of the toughest to deal with in terms of detection and "cure."

And in recent years they came out with the vaccine against HPV--a virus that causes cancers in various parts of the body.

So, research is accomplishing good things.

It does not mean that everybody who gets cancer will have it detected early, or will get the best treatment, or can be cured.

And my heart goes out to whoever gets it.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#200660 - 09/19/22 03:49 PM Re: Trump Raided [Re: LarryWW1246]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

My Dad died of Pancreatic cancer in 2004. There was not much they could do about

My 90 year old Mama has Melanoma. When they found it, it had mestatized in several places. She has been getting treatment for 2 years now and it has disappeared from ALL but a tiny spot in her lung.

We had an old hound dog that had several Melanoma spots on him. One grew to be as big as an orange in just a couple weeks.

The Vet wanted to treat him with an experimental drug and we agreed. He lived another 2 years before something else killed him.

I tease Mama when she goes to get her infusions that there may be some dogs up there

We like to think that maybe Ol' Rusty might have played a part in Mama's still being around.

A lot of folks don't like doctors because they are smart and make a lot of money. ALL of the ones I've mentioned deserve every penny that they make because they worked their asses off and made REAL sacrifices to get where they are.

Edited by coachblalock (09/19/22 03:55 PM)

#200662 - 09/19/22 04:39 PM Re: Trump Raided [Re: coachblalock]
tomthbomb Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Deep East Texas
Coach,

I lost three friends to pancreatic cancer in the last few years. All were in their fifties and prime of life. Not that it matters but they lived in different cities. One had sixty days from the diagnosis. One had six months. One had two years, a miracle.

This subject deserves a separate thread.
RKS #4868

#200889 - 09/30/22 07:10 PM Re: Trump Raided [Re: tomthbomb]
Kirko Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ladue,Missouri
Last year my younger brother died of pancreatic cancer , given 2 months died within 2 months in a hospice in Boulder, CO

#200893 - 10/01/22 09:30 AM Re: Trump Raided [Re: Kirko]
Wayne Dengler Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Earth
I am so very sorry to see so many losses of family and friends. It is just terrible.

I have a feeling that they already know of the cure/prevention of cancer but are making so much money off of studies and such that they will not come forth with the "cure".

Some third world countries that have primitive lifestyles have no history of cancer. In the far east,colon cancer is virtually unheard of.

I am a firm believer that the processed garbage we consume is suspect number one for our problems.

I am probably wrong on that but that is my opinion.

Wayne

#200896 - 10/01/22 01:03 PM Re: Trump Raided [Re: Wayne Dengler]
coachblalock Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Florida is set to get a lot of disaster money which y’all badly need.

I sure hope that DeSantis uses it in the right way instead of doling it out to his buddies and sending the rest to us in Texas to “build the wall” and flying folks to Martha’s Vineyard.

Abbott has repurposed a lot of school disaster money from Harvey and the pandemic to build the wall and fund operation Lone Star. Neither has helped.

Also, look for Lyin’ Ted Cruz to vote AGAINST sending any federal money to Florida.

Edited by coachblalock (10/01/22 01:04 PM)

Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod