Clinton Knives Randall Made Knife
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207089 - 07/01/24 06:45 PM Decorative metal spacers on RMK...
22rimfire Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa
I have spent many hours studying vintage RMK, but my interest stopped when the current snaps started. My dreams were filled with thoughts of Moore sheaths, fish hook hones, pinned stag handles, and brass-back blades.

When did RMK begin to use brass and silver-toned spacers in handle stacks? Were both introduced at the same time?

I have worn my eyes out trying to learn the answer. I have tried every kind of word search I can think of on this site and others and I get too many returns for me to read in this lifetime. I've learned lots of things from reading various posts but not the answers I am looking for.

Would one of you advanced collectors please share this answer with me? I promise I won't dismiss any RMK again just because it doesn't have brass, black, red, brown or plain steel snaps again. Honest!

U.S. Army
1969-1972
-Berlin
-Vietnam
-White Sands

#207098 - 07/04/24 08:07 AM Re: Decorative metal spacers on RMK... [Re: 22rimfire]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
I don't recall any metal spacers until the latter part of Maurice Johnson's tenure as sheath maker, i.e. mid- late 80's. Most probably there is a better than average chance that someone ordered a couple prior and I simply have not seen them...but, for the most part, I think I'm "pretty close".
Hope this helps,
Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#207099 - 07/04/24 01:43 PM Re: Decorative metal spacers on RMK... [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Shoot870p Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Again I say that this place is great place to learn about the knives (and other stuff to boot!).

#207103 - 07/04/24 07:52 PM Re: Decorative metal spacers on RMK... [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
22rimfire Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Des Moines, Iowa
It helps me learn, Capt. and I can't ask for more.
Many thanks.

rimfire

U.S. Army
1969-1972
-Berlin
-Vietnam
-White Sands

Moderator:  Mr_Mod