Hi, I made a short video with few Buck knives

https://youtu.be/6BXbm1AUp1c

If we explain it in words, then when moving between the closed and open state, the blade has a path, it can be uniform if the radius does not change (Fig. 1), which can be seen in the example of the Buck 425 (small black knife). In this case, it is enough to open or close the knife further than the bending points on the shank and on the remaining trajectory it can stop at any moment and not try to open or close himself

If the radius of the shank gradually decreases from the moment of the beginning of closing until complete closing (Fig 2), then the knife can be easily closed with 1 hand and the blade will stop in the handle very smoothly and without a strong blow, like the Buck Omni Hunter

If the radius is the opposite, from the moment of the beginning of the closing to the moment of the end of the closing it increases either uniformly or has an additional point on the curve as the eccentric of the car engine (Fig 3), then it tries to open up to this point of the eccentric and after it picks up speed when closing with a strong click, as on the shown Buck 501 and also on the 110 and 112 models released after 1972 or 1974, when was the transition to the 4-dot stamp and changing the design of the shank of the blade)

That is, the blade is quite difficult to open, and if you do not bring it past the eccentric point, it tends to fold back into the handle

My friend and I want to make a custom backlock knife. I am working on drawings and the question arose: what type of blade behavior when opening/closing is optimal? Everyone has their fans and opponents. I haven't had a high quality backlock knife yet (they are very expensive) to see what the best manufacturers are doing. I mean such masters as Ron Lake, Steve Hoel, Wolfgang Loerchner.
I would like to ask you what you think about this, ie what type of blade behavior when closing would you choose for yourself?

Attachments
------Fig 1.png

------Fig 2.png

------Fig 3.png