James Behring Knives dominionhobby.com
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#207816 - 09/08/24 06:17 PM Re: Storage Information [Re: LarryWW1246]
Metalbender Online
Knife Enthusiast

Cleaning tip:I received a delivery this week on a Raymond Thorpe bowie.i am a veteran collector but have never handled a factory fresh Thorpe before. Word of warning, I don't remember ever handling a knife this long and this sharp before. The thin blade just begs to have your fingers wrap around the front of it when you wipe down the blade. Make sure this bowie has your complete attention and you are wearing a leather work glove when you handle it.one second of thoughtless and this knife will remove your fingers.

#207817 - 09/08/24 07:32 PM Re: Storage Information [Re: Metalbender]
LarryWW1246 Online
Knife Enthusiast

A lot of old stuff has been removed from the Forum.

Some years ago, somebody posted an image of the large gash in his lower thigh caused by dropping a Randall knife on it.

He probably needed a number of stitches.

Larry
ABKA #046
RKS #1246

#207818 - 09/08/24 07:39 PM Re: Storage Information [Re: LarryWW1246]
Windsor Online
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Texas!
A few years ago while polishing a big Sasquatch, the blade edge of the choil hooked some skin and then blood started to flow.

Just that quick and easy, too.

The funny part is that I was more concerned about blade staining than I was about the fact I was leaking life juice.

#207820 - 09/08/24 08:53 PM Re: Storage Information [Re: Windsor]
rodbrown Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted By: Windsor
A few years ago while polishing a big Sasquatch, the blade edge of the choil hooked some skin and then blood started to flow.

Just that quick and easy, too.

The funny part is that I was more concerned about blade staining than I was about the fact I was leaking life juice.

Rob
Jokingly and off the thread topic, big Sasquatches are expensive and hard to come by, your body will replace the blood in a day or two! You made the correct decision, take care of the knife first.
Whether you think you can or can not, you are right.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Mr_Mod