Clinton Knives
The RANDALL KNIFE FORUMS

A place where EVERYBODY is welcome to join in on the discussion of Randall Made knives

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#96662 - 12/18/11 06:03 PM Re: Stainless versus Carbon Blades - Randall of Co * [Re: Leatherman]
Captain Chris Stanaback Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Central Florida
It's a "lot" more than you think. I have many...many customers in their 20's and 30's. "AND"...If you think Randall collectors are old, attend a "Colt" Collectors Assoc. show sometime. Makes me look like a kid!
Best, Capt. Chris
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com

#96663 - 12/18/11 06:28 PM Re: Stainless versus Carbon Blades - Randall of Co [Re: Captain Chris Stanaback]
Leatherman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: IL
Originally Posted By: Captain Chris Stanaback
It's a "lot" more than you think. I have many...many customers in their 20's and 30's. "AND"...If you think Randall collectors are old, attend a "Colt" Collectors Assoc. show sometime. Makes me look like a kid!
Best, Capt. Chris

Thats good news!

#96664 - 12/18/11 07:17 PM Re: Stainless versus Carbon Blades - Randall of Co [Re: Leatherman]
Michael_Mason Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Orlando, FL.
Originally Posted By: Leatherman
Originally Posted By: tunefink
No one has mentioned this yet..... but when it comes to 60's and early 70's knives, a "separate S" stamp is much more desirable than a carbon blade. Of course the current stamp is not a separate S.

I don't know what the collector market will be in 2051.....just a thought.

I often wonder what the demand will be like in the future for Randalls. It seems many of the collectors are older, at least on this board. I do not know how many younger people like myself are into Randall knives, I hope it is more than I think!

Ben,

Give my 11 year old grandson a Model # of an RMK and ask him what page of the catalog you can find it listed on. You will get the right answer. Knows the catalog better than I do. I think that's being "into" them smile

Sitting with the Capt. at the gun shows and watching the younger generation in there, I believe that they will be into them, just like we were and are now.
Wth the war going on overseas, their interest seems to run more towards the military or tactical styles of knives. But I believe as they mature, and the war winds down it will be interesting to see if they continue along those same avenues.

Edited by Michael_Mason (12/18/11 07:24 PM)

#96666 - 12/18/11 08:07 PM Re: Stainless versus Carbon Blades - Randall of Co [Re: Michael_Mason]
JohnM Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Hey, I'm only 56 and I love 'em -- pickled or not!

John

#96673 - 12/19/11 08:33 AM Re: Stainless versus Carbon Blades - Randall of Co [Re: JohnM]
Leatherman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

I'm not calling everyone old, you are as old as you feel! I truly believe that.

I hope Randall Knives are collected even after we invent the lightsabre! I'll take mine with Border Patrol Green micarta grin

#96676 - 12/19/11 10:09 AM Re: Stainless versus Carbon Blades - Randall of Co [Re: Leatherman]
Guido_Bitossi Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Florence, Italy
Hi Capt.!...just received a little pretty Case as Christmas present....it does mean I'm...pretty old??? cry cry cry

#96685 - 12/19/11 02:00 PM Re: Stainless versus Carbon Blades - Randall of Co [Re: Guido_Bitossi]
Jay G Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Although it doesn’t surprise me, it’s good to hear there is a diverse group of Randall collectors -- there will always be a group that appreciates top-notch craftsmanship. Being new-er to this forum, I look forward to meeting some of its members at the Atlanta Blade Show this coming June.

To address the topic… my default is set to stainless.

#96686 - 12/19/11 02:17 PM Re: Stainless versus Carbon Blades - Randall of Co [Re: Jay G]
Leatherman Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Welcome abord Jay! I like your signature.

Originally Posted By: Jay G
Although it doesn’t surprise me, it’s good to hear there is a diverse group of Randall collectors -- there will always be a group that appreciates top-notch craftsmanship. Being new-er to this forum, I look forward to meeting some of its members at the Atlanta Blade Show this coming June.

To address the topic… my default is set to stainless.

#96716 - 12/19/11 09:40 PM Re: Stainless versus Carbon Blades - Randall of Co [Re: Leatherman]
TonyLaPetri Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Glen Head NY
Age is a state of mind.
Period.
I've been skiing with a 79 year old man and bored to death with a 30 year old fart.
...State of Mind!

Edited by TonyLaPetri (12/19/11 09:42 PM)
RKS#1885
RKCC CM-022

#96720 - 12/19/11 10:58 PM Re: Stainless versus Carbon Blades - Randall of Co [Re: TonyLaPetri]
Sidney_Redford Offline
Knife Enthusiast

Loc: Blue Ridge Mtns. Va.
I sort of like the old SSA so I guess that makes me old. I also like most of the Randall's old or new.
RKS #84 NRA Life. Shag # 11

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Mr_Mod